P&S Excavating, LLC, formerly known as William H. Proctor & Son, was established in 1955 by William H. Proctor (Bill). Bill worked long, hard hours to make sure his customers were satisfied. Bill became a well-known businessman in the Trumansburg area. At a young age, Bill's son Jim came to work for him. After graduation, Jim joined the business and worked side-by-side with Bill for many years. Jim took over the business in 1994, after his father's passing. Jim has carried on the satisfied customer policy and has expanded and upgraded the business.
In 2001, Jim and his wife Mary changed the business name to P&S Excavating, LLC. At the present time, Jim and Mary are running the business with a workforce of 3-6 employees.
P&S Excavating, LLC, does a variety of jobs including (but not limited to) full site preparation, water hookup, driveways, foundations, ponds, drainage, land clearing, demolition and septic systems. P&S Excavating also sells topsoil, mulch, composted manure and stone. P&S Excavating is fully insured and gives free estimates.
Cayuga Compost was formed in 2005, when Jim and Mary Proctor took over the composting operation from the Cayuga Nature Center. At that time, there were 7 businesses composting; today there are over 100 businesses using our composting service. 3,394 tons of compost waste was diverted from the landfill in 2009.