Cayuga Compost is proud to provide a food waste collection and composting service to local businesses to divert their food scraps from the waste stream and turn it into high quality compost. With 10 years of commercial composting experience, we guarantee prompt professional service. We welcome the opportunity to assist you with your solid waste disposal challenges. With shrinking landfill space and an increasing concern about the environment, we are taking organic materials and creating high quality compost products. Metals, foil, glass, plastics of all types and styrofoam is not acceptable in our food waste collection and composting program.
The service we provide area businesses:
- We provide clean empty 60 gallon containers.
- We “service” the containers weekly. We come and exchange the filled containers with empty clean containers. You will experience very little odor, insect and rodent activity.
- We will work with your staff to develop your customized sorting plan.
- Explore potential solid waste savings.
- We will work with you to design a customized collection service for you business, removing food waste, waste oil, and waxed cardboard.
- Read more in our brochure for restaurants, caterers, school districts, municipalities, institutional food services, wineries and grocery stores
Composting at local (Tompkins County) events
- Option 1: We provide clean empty 60 gallon containers (totes). We drop them off before the event and pick them up after the event. It depends on what you will be composting, but a good estimate is 1 tote per 75 people. You will be charged for only the totes you use minimum usage is 2 totes. . Cost $25/Tote min. 2 totes $50.00
- Option 2: You can bring your compost to us in a compostable bag for a tipping fee of $40.00/ton minimum ½ ton $20.00
Large events or events out of the area should call for pricing.